The first mass media competition in Romania on migration topics starts today, 7 September 2015! The organiser of SALUT! competition is ICAR Foundation, an organisation that, for over 20 years, has provided free of charge medical, psychological, social services and legal assistance to victims of torture, ill-treatment and violation of fundamental human rights. The beneficiaries of the services are former political prisoners, refugees, asylum seekers, undocumented migrants and other migrants.
Who can participate? Journalists working for the written, audiovisual or online press, employees of a press organisation or freelance journalists and bloggers. The participants may enrol in the competition with print or online articles published in Romanian, in the printed or online media (blogs and specialised websites – journalism, migration, culture, human rights etc.), video and audio materials broadcasted by a Romanian radio/TV station, between 1 July 2014 and 1 November 2015.
• Written press and agencies
• Online and multimedia
• There is no enrolment fee, participation is free of charge.
• Please enrol electronically. Participants must send to email@example.com, directly or by online transfer, the following: copies of the materials submitted for the competition: recording, scan/photocopy, link (with proof of publication date); scanned filled-out enrolment form (you can download it from the website icarfoundation.ro and project Facebook page, www.facebook.com/SALUT.ICAR; a short CV.
• One participant may enrol for several competition categories with different materials and may enrol with maximum 2 materials for each category. The same material cannot be used for several categories.
Participants will receive confirmation of enrolment at the provided e-mail address.
The articles/materials enrolled for the competition will be evaluated by a jury made up of five members: two journalists, one representative of the migrant communities in Romania, one representative of the organiser and one representative of an international migration organisation.
The prizes of SALUT! mass media competition amount to a total of Euro 2,200. Each category will feature a Category Prize and two mentions.
Category Prize: an electronic device (one from those below), a diploma and promotional materials
• Photo camera
• Video camera
Mention: diploma and promotional materials (cap, T-shirt, pen etc.)
The winners of the prizes cannot receive the value of the prizes in money or exchange them for other products. Additionally, they cannot request the change of the features of the objects awarded as prizes.
Prizes will be awarded during a ceremony organised on 10 December 2015, in Horia Bernea Studio of the Romanian Peasant Museum.
For more details, participation criteria, competition topics and other important information, please carefully read the Competition Rules, available on ICAR Foundation website and project Facebook page.
• 7 September – 7 November: enrolment of materials
• 8 November – 8 December: evaluation of materials, deliberation
• 10 December – prize award ceremony
This competition is part of the project SALUT – Suntem Acasa in locul Unde Traim, which is run by ICAR Foundation and its partner, the Romanian Peasant Museum, between 1 July 2015 and 29 February 2016 and financed through EEA 2009 – 2014 grants, within the NGO Fund in Romania.
We look forward to receiving your materials!
Contact person: Dan Ivanescu – tel. 0732 065 411